Apps Frequently Asked Questions
Listed below are the answers to some of the most popular questions about our apps. If you are unable to find an answer to your question here then please get in touch.
Please note that for the following apps, the Apple iPad version is not included in the multi-platform (Android/Windows/Mac) licence, but can instead be purchased separately via the App Store.
- Letter Recognition
- Letter Formation
- I-Spy Initial Sounds
- Initial Sounds Bubbles
- Find the Rhyme
This is due to recent changes in Apple’s enforcement of their App Store guidelines that mean it is unfortunately no longer viable for us to use our multi-platform licence model for new and updated apps for iPad.
Q. Will the apps work on my device(s)?
A. Our apps work on the following devices:
- iPads running iOS 11 or later
- Android tablets running Android 5.1 (Lollipop) or later
- Windows desktops and laptops running Windows 7 or later
- Apple Mac desktops and laptops running OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later.
Interactive whiteboards and large screens connected to a desktop/laptop are supported. Other devices, such as standalone whiteboards and digital tables, may also be supported.
The apps are not available in the Amazon App Store on Kindle Fire devices.
Please contact us if you have a question about your device(s).
Q. How do I activate my app?
A. Please follow these steps:
- You will first need to purchase a licence for the app from our website. An account with a username and password will be created for you at the checkout
- You will then receive an email with details on how to access your account, where you will find the app store and download links needed to install the app on your device(s)
- Once installed on a device, the first time the app is opened, it will request your account username and password in order to activate it.
Q. Can I download the apps from the iOS or Google Play stores?
A. Yes, but you will need to purchase a licence from the Yellow Door website in order to activate them. Once purchased, you will receive the necessary details via email. Please note that the apps are only available in the UK Google Play and iOS App Store regions.
Q. What is a device licence?
A. Our 6-device licence is ideal for group use. This enables you to download and activate an app on up to six devices, which do not have to be the same type (three tablets and three Windows laptops, for example).
Please note that the iPad versions of some of our apps (listed at the top of this page) are no longer included in the multi-platform licence.
Q. Does a multi-device licence allow me to use an app in more than one setting
A. No: our multi-device licences are site specific. If you want to use our apps on a second site, you will need to purchase an additional licence for this site.
Q. Why do I need an account?
A. Your account is the means by which you activate the apps you have purchased. If you have purchased from us before, you may have an account that you can use. Your account will allow you to see how many device activations you have remaining.
Q. What if I have lost my account details?
A. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it. If you have forgotten your username or are not sure which email address is associated with your account, please contact us.
Q. Do I need to pay a subscription fee?
A. No! You pay a one-off fee for a lifetime licence, which covers general updates. If significant changes lead to a new version of an app, we will charge a one-off fee to upgrade, provided at a reduced cost for existing licence holders.
Q. Can I request to be invoiced when purchasing apps?
A. When you buy an app using a credit/debit card or via PayPal, you will be able to download and use it immediately. If you are a school or nursery and wish to pay by invoice, there will be a delay while this is being authorised. For any queries, please contact us.
Q. Does my device need to be connected to the Internet?
A. Your device will need to be connected to the Internet to allow you to download, install and activate an app. Once activated, you will no longer need an Internet connection.
Q. Can I move my app to a different device?
A. Yes. You will first need to deactivate the app on the current device. This can done by following these steps:
- On the device where the app is currently installed, select the key icon at the top of the app’s main menu
- Enter your username and password and select the Deactivate button
- Once deactivated, the app can be uninstalled from the current device
- Install the app on the new device (app store and download links can be found in the Apps section of your Yellow Door account)
- Once installed, open the app and enter your username and password to activate on the new device