Q. Will the apps work on my device(s)?
A. Our apps work on the following devices:
- iPads running iOS 11 or later
- Android tablets running Android 5.1 (Lollipop) or later
- Windows desktops and laptops running Windows 7 or later
- Apple Mac desktops and laptops running OS X 10.7 (Lion) or later.
Interactive whiteboards and large screens connected to a desktop/laptop are supported. Other devices, such as standalone whiteboards and digital tables, may also be supported.
Please contact us if you have a question about your device(s).
Q. How do I activate my app?
A. Please follow these steps:
- You will first need to purchase a licence for the app from our website. An account with a username and password will be created for you at the checkout
- You will then receive an email with details on how to access your account, where you will find the app store and download links needed to install the app on your device(s)
- Once installed on a device, the first time the app is opened, it will request your account username and password in order to activate it.
Q. Can I download the apps from the iOS or Google Play stores?
A. Yes, but you will need to purchase a licence from the Yellow Door website in order to activate them. Once purchased, you will receive the necessary details via email.
Q. What is a device licence?
A. Our 6-device licence is ideal for group use. This enables you to download and activate an app on up to six devices, which do not have to be the same type (three iPads and three Windows laptops, for example).
Q. Does a multi-device licence allow me to use an app in more than one setting
A. No: our multi-device licences are site specific. If you want to use our apps on a second site, you will need to purchase an additional licence for this site.
Q. Why do I need an account?
A. Your account is the means by which you activate the apps you have purchased. If you have purchased from us before, you may have an account that you can use. Your account will allow you to see how many device activations you have remaining.
Q. What if I have lost my account details?
A. If you have forgotten your password, you can reset it. If you have forgotten your username or are not sure which email address is associated with your account, please contact us.
Q. Do I need to pay a subscription fee?
A. No! You pay a one-off fee for a lifetime licence, which covers general updates. If significant changes lead to a new version of an app, we will charge a one-off fee to upgrade, provided at a reduced cost for existing licence holders.
Q. Can I request to be invoiced when purchasing apps?
A. When you buy an app using a credit/debit card or via PayPal, you will be able to download and use it immediately. If you are a school or nursery and wish to pay by invoice, there will be a delay while this is being authorised. For any queries, please contact us.
Q. Does my device need to be connected to the Internet?
A. Your device will need to be connected to the Internet to allow you to download, install and activate an app. Once activated, you will no longer need an Internet connection.